Data Mining, Text Mining and Information Extraction with a Current Focus in Biomedical Application, Protein Structure Analysis
- "Structuring unstructured clinical narratives in OpenMRS with medical concept extraction," Ryan M. Eshleman*, Hui Yang and Barry Levine. In the proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedicine (BIBM2015) (industrial track). November 2015, Washington DC.
- "Hey, #311, come clean my street!" A spatio-temporal sentiment analysis of Twitter data and 311 Civil Complaints", Ryan M. Eshleman* and Hui Yang. In the proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Social Computing and Networking (SocialCom 2014), December 2014, Sydney, Australia.
- Towards human-computer synergetic analysis of large-scale biological data, Rahul Singh, Hui Yang, Ben Dalziel*, Daniel Asarnow, William Murad*, David Foote, Matthew Gormley, Jonathan Stillman and Susan Fisher, BMC Bioinformatics 2013, 14(Suppl 14):S10. Published: October 9, 2013
- Analytic Feature Selection for Support Vector Machines, Carly Stambaugh*, Hui Yang, and Felix Breuer, in the proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Machine Learning and Data Mining, July 2013, New York
- Collaborative research project with IBM Almaden on annotating and extracting entities and relationships in biomedical articles. January 2013-February 2014. Budget: $20,000.
- Collaborative research project with Genentech on curating bio-entities and software testing and quality assessment. October 2011—June 2012. Budget: $10,000.