Proper and timely advising has been shown to significantly improve students’ success and graduation rate. We summarize here our advising process and mandatory advising checkpoints.
All SFSU CS Students
All SFSU CS students are responsible for the following:
- To follow the advising process appropriate to their standing as described under the Graduate Advising and Undergraduate Advising links below.
- To regularly visit the CS home at cs.sfsu.edu and advising page appropropriate to their standing.
- To read all e-mail sent to them from the CS office and faculty.
- To seek advising whenever a need arises, in a timely fashion with respect to any deadlines.
- To seek advising for any mandatory adivising checkpoints.
New and Transfer Students
New and transfer students are strongly encouraged to attend the orientation program prior to the first semester of attendance.
International students have special requirements such as minimal load and maintenance of minimum required GPA. International students are strongly advised to seek advising during the first week of classes.
Advising News and Information
- Department Undergraduate Advising Web Page
- Department Graduate Advising Web Page
- Department Undergraduate Biology Requirement Web Page
- Department Advising Day Power Point Slides (Spring 2010)
PLEASE NOTE: in order to view some of the documents on this page , you will need to:
- For pdf files: Click here for Free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- For word/doc files: Click here for free Apache OpenOffice.
- For ppt files: Click here for free Apache OpenOffice.
The documents linked on this page may have accessibility issues. If you encounter problems with accessing or filling out the document, please contact: Department of Computer Science