Phone: (415) 338-2539
Building: Thornton Hall
Room Number: 970
No Advising Hours during the Summer. Advising Hours will resume at the beginning of the Fall Semester
Areas of Expertise
- Information Retrieval
- Natural Language Processing
- Machine Learning
- Sub-contract of NIH R01, 2016 – 2020, Text Mining for Hi-Fi Curation
- Previde P.*, Thomas B.*, Wong M., Mallory E.*, Petkovic D., Altman R., and Kulkarni A. (2018) GeneDive: A Gene Interaction Search and Visualization Tool to Facilitate Precision Medicine. In the Proceedings of Pacific Symposium on Biocomputing. January 2018. Hawaii, USA.
- Chuang M.* and Kulkarni A. (2017) Improving Shard Selection for Selective Search. In the Proceedings of the Asia Information Retrieval Societies Conference. November 2017. Jeju, Korea.
- Khvalchik M.*, Pithyaachariyakul C.*, and Kulkarni A. (2017) Open-domain Non-factoid Question Answering. In the Proceedings of the International Conference on Text, Speech, and Dialogue. August 2017. Prague, Czechia.
- Wei W.*, Kulkarni A., Wong M. (2017) PF-Words: Biomedical Literature Based Protein Function Search. In the Proceedings of the International Conference on Bioinformatics and Computational Biology. March 2017, Honolulu, HI, USA.
WebsiteDr. Kulkarni Website