Phone: (415) 338-2539
Building: Thornton Hall
Room Number: 970
Unavailable during the Fall 2021 Semester
Areas of Expertise
- Information Retrieval
- Natural Language Processing
- Machine Learning
- AI-STAARS: Scholarships To Improve Undergraduate Students' Academic Achievement, Retention, and Career Success in Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence. NSF S-STEM (Award # 2030581). 2021-2025; PI: A. Kulkarni, co-PIs: I. Yoon, P. Fazli, S. Ihorn
- gSTAR-PINC: New Certificate Program “Data Science and Machine Learning for Biotechnology”. Genentech Inc. 2020-2023. PI: A. Kulkarni, co-PIs: I. Yoon, P. Pennings, S. Ihorn
- Gen-PINC Scholarships Program. Genentech Foundation. 2020-2023. PI: A. Kulkarni, co-PIs: I. Yoon, P. Pennings, S. Ihorn
- Nayak, K.*, Krishna S.*, Kulkarni A. (2020). Using Text Analytics on Reflective Journaling to Identify Cultural Capitals for STEM Students. In the Proceedings of the 19th IEEE International Conference On Machine Learning And Applications.
- Lowell M.* Motamarry S.* and Kulkarni A. (2019) ARtPM: Article Retrieval for Precision Medicine. Journal of Biomedical Informatics, 103224.
- Costa J.* and Kulkarni A. (2018) Leveraging Knowledge Graph for Open-domain Question Answering. In the Proceedings of 2018 IEEE International Conference on Web Intelligence. December 2018. Santiago, Chile.
- Kulkarni A., Yoon I., Pennings P., Okada K., and Domingo C. (2018) Promoting Diversity in Computing. In the Proceedings of 23rd Annual ACM Conference on Innovation and Technology in Computer Science Education. July 2018. Larnaca, Cyprus.
- Previde P.*, Thomas B.*, Wong M., Mallory E.*, Petkovic D., Altman R., and Kulkarni A. (2018) GeneDive: A Gene Interaction Search and Visualization Tool to Facilitate Precision Medicine. In the Proceedings of Pacific Symposium on Biocomputing, Vol 23, pp. 590-601. January 2018. Hawaii, USA.
WebsiteDr. Kulkarni's website