- J. Wilson, M. Wong, A. Chalke, N. Stepanov, D. Petkovic, R. Altman: "PathFXweb: a web application for identifying drug safety and efficacy phenotypes” Bioinformatics, btz419, May 22, 2019
- D.Petkovic, S. Barlaska, J. Young, R. Todtenhoefer: “From Explaining How Random Forest Classifier Predicts Learning of Software Engineering Teamwork to Guidance for Educators” Frontiers in Education FIE 2018, October 2018, San Jose CA
- D. Petkovic (Chair), L. Kobzik, C. Re: “Workshop on Machine learning and deep analytics for biocomputing: call for better explainability”, Pacific Symposium on Biocomputing PSB 2018, Hawaii
- Paul Previde, Brook Thomas, Mike Wong, Emily K Mallory, Dragutin Petkovic, Russ B Altman, Anagha Kulkarni: “GeneDive: A gene interaction search and visualization tool to facilitate precision medicine”, Pacific Symposium on Biocomputing PSB 2018, Hawaii
- D. Petkovic, R. Altman, M. Wong, A. Vigil: “Improving the explainability of Random Forest classifier – user centered approach”, Pacific Symposium on Biocomputing PSB 2018, Hawaii
- PI of collaborative NSF TUES grant 1140172 “ Transforming the Understanding, Assessment and Prediction of Teamwork Effectiveness in Software Engineering Education using Machine Learning”. Includes joint teaching and research on global SW engineering with co-PIs Prof. R. Todtenhoefer (Fulda, Germany), and Shihong Huang (FAU, Florida) , ongoing.
SFSU PI of NIH sub-grant U54EB020405 “Mobility Data Integration to Insight”, Stanford, PI Prof. S. Delp, $35 K direct costs/year, for four years, 2015-2019.
SFSU PI of NIH sub-grant 2R01LM005652-19A1 (main PI Prof. R. Altman, Stanford University): :”Text Mining for High-fidelity Curation and Discovery of Gene-drug-phenotype Relationships “. Engaged in SW Engineering, usability and data management aspects, with one SFSU co-PI, CCLS research staff and SFSU graduate students, 2016-2020