Phone: (415) 338-2221
Building: Thornton Hall
Room Number: 966
Office hours will be posted on the respective iLearn page and held through Zoom. Please contact the office if you are unable to find instructions for office hours for a particular class.
Advising HoursWednesday: 4:15 p.m. - 5:15 p.m.
https://ilearn.sfsu.edu/collab/course/view.php?id=1863 (Zoom info is posted on this site. Contact email@example.com if you are not enrolled in this site.)
Areas of Expertise
- Data Mining
- Text Mining and Information Extraction with a Current Focus in Biomedical Application
- Protein Structure Analysis
- GE Predix Challenge Grant, $10,000, 2017
- Collaborative research project with IBM Almaden on annotating and extracting entities and relationships in biomedical articles. January 2013-February 2014. Budget: $20,000.
- Collaborative research project with Genentech on curating bio-entities and software testing and quality assessment. October 2011—June 2012. Budget: $10,000.
- A Systematic study of eleven feature selection algorithms and their impact on the text classification task, Suchi Vora** and Hui Yang. IEEE Computing Conference 2017, July 18-20, 2017, London.
- Two Simple and Effective Ensemble Classifiers for Twitter Sentiment Analysis. Yeqing Yan**, Hui Yang, and Hui-ming Wang. IEEE Computing Conference 2017, July 18-20, 2017, London.
- A Multifaceted Data Mining Approach to Understanding What Factors Lead College Students to Persist and Graduate, Aparna Gopalakrishnan**, Hui Yang, Celia Graterol, Rama Kassed, Mary Beth Love, and Alycia Shada. IEEE Computing Conference 2017, July 18-20, 2017, London.
- "Structuring unstructured clinical narratives in OpenMRS with medical concept extraction," Ryan M. Eshleman*, Hui Yang and Barry Levine. In the proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedicine (BIBM2015) (industrial track). November 2015, Washington DC.
WebsiteDr. Yang's website