Phone: (415) 338-2335
Building: Thornton Hall
Room Number: 910
Advising HoursTuesday: 3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Unavailable for Transfer Advising Tuesday, 9/14
Areas of Expertise
- 3D Visualization over the Internet
- Educational Games with Social Interactions
- CUDA Application
- “Data Science, Artificial Intelligence and Biotechnology” Certificate program”, Genentech Inc. (PI: Anagha Kulkarni, Co-PI: Ilmi Yoon, Pleuni Pennings) $621K, 8/1/2020-7/31/2023
- “Gene-PINC Scholarship”, Genentech Foundation, (PI: Anagha Kulkarni, Co-PI: Ilmi Yoon, Pleuni Pennings) $580K, 8/1/2020-7/31/2023
- “Scholarships To Improve Undergraduate Students' Academic Achievement, Retention, and Career Success in Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence”, NSF DUE S STEM 2030581 (PI: Anagha Kulkarni, Co-PI: Ilmi Yoon, Pooyan Fazli, Shasta Ihorn) $999K, 8/7/2020-2/28/2025.
- “Machine-Learning-Enhanced Video Accessibility for Visually Impaired and Blind Users”, Ability Central, $100K, 1/1/2020-12/31/2020 (PI: Ilmi Yoon, Co-PI: Pooyan Fazli)
- “Building the Diverse, Multidisciplinary Computer Science Workforce of the Future with Promoting Inclusivity in Computing (PINC) 2.0”, National Science Foundation, $1.3M, 10/2018-9/2023 (PI: Ilmi Yoon, Co-PI: Anagha Kulkarni, Pleuni Pennings).
- Ilmi Yoon, Julio C. Ramirez, Sushil Kumar Plassar*, Ting Yin*, Vipul KaranjKar*, Joseph G. Lee*, Carmen Domingo, "Deep Transfer Learning based Web Interfaces for Biology Image Data Classification”, To appear in Proceeding of the Intelligent Systems Conference, 3-4 September 2020 in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- Beste F. Yuksel, Pooyan Fazli, Umang Mathur*, Vaishali Bisht*, Soo Jung Kim*, Joshua Junhee Lee*, Seung Jung Jin*, Yue-Ting Siu, Joshua A Miele, Ilmi Yoon, “Human-in-the-Loop Machine Learning to Increase Video Accessibility for Visually Impaired and Blind Users” accepted to present at ACM DIS 2020.
- Beste F. Yuksel, Pooyan Fazli, Umang Mathur*, Vaishali Bisht*, Soo Jung Kim*, Joshua Junhee Lee*, Seung Jung Jin*, Yue-Ting Siu, Joshua A Miele, Ilmi Yoon, “Increasing Video Accessibility for Visually Impaired Users with Human-in-the-Loop Machine Learning”, ACM CHI Extended Abstracts 2020 In Press
- Ilmi Yoon, Umang Mathur*, Brenna Gibson Tirumalashetty*, Pooyan Fazli, Joshua Miele, "Video Accessibility for the Visually Impaired", In Proceedings of the Workshop on AI for Social Good at the International Conference on Machine Learning, ICML, Long Beach, CA, USA, 2019.
- Anagha Kulkarni, Ilmi Yoon, Pleuni Pennings, Kaz Okada, Carmen Domingo, “Promoting Diversity in Computing”, In Proceedings of the 23rd Annual ACM Conference on Innovation and Technology in Computer Science Education, Larnaca, Cyprus, 2018.
WebsiteDr. Yoon's website