Computer Science Seminar Series
Seminars are given by distinguished speakers, by invitation only. Our seminar series, initially titled PERNET, was started by Prof. Dujmovic many years ago. The Seminar series has successfully introduced our students to researchers and industry leaders from our local high tech area.
Unless noted, seminars are scheduled Wednesdays, 5:30 p.m. in TH 331 in Fall and Spring semesters. Out of respect for our guest presenters, your punctuality is expected and required. The door will not be opened for late arrivals. Check out the full schedule of current and past seminars here: Computer Science Seminar Series Schedule.
Benefits of attending the Seminar series for our graduate (and undergraduate) students are many:
- It provides exposure to the latest state of the art research topics and to leaders in hi-tech
- It offers motivation and ideas for theses and projects
- It often creates ideas and contacts for employment
- It exposes students to professional presentations
The Seminar requirement is fulfilled as follows:
- Attend 10 seminars, 8 of which must receive a satisfactory mark. At the end of each seminar, fill out a brief summary worksheet which will be collected and graded by the faculty to verify attendance.
- Your attendance will be kept on file in the Computer Science Department office.
We strongly recommend that graduate students satisfy the Graduate Seminar requirement in the first two semesters while in classified status, since it will help them decide on a culminating experience project.